Complete in Thee each want supplied,
And no good thing to me denied;
Since Thou my portion, Lord, wilt be,
I ask no more, complete in Thee.

(3rd verse of "Complete In Thee", by Aaron Roberts Wolfe & James Martin Gray)

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Psalm 105:1-5
Oh give thanks to the Lord, call upon His name;
   Make known His deeds among the peoples. 
Sing to Him, sing praises to Him;
   Speak of all His wonders.
Glory in His holy name;
   Let the heart of those who seek the Lord be glad.
Seek the Lord and His strength;
   Seek his face continually.
Remember His wonders which He has done,
   His marvels and the judgments uttered by His mouth,

These verses are very special to me.  God showed them to me about 2 years ago and has brought them to mind several times since.  i love the constant praise to our Lord and the reminders throughout to seek Him and remember Him constantly. 

i have a confession to make.  i have been struggling with my self-control/self-discipline.  the lesson at Titus Tuesday a couple weeks ago really brought that to my attention.  not that i'm an out of control fly off the handle type of person, but i have been failing to manage my time & home to make the best use of it and not denying myself in order to serve my Lord better.  and that is very selfish . 

this revelation has been very hard to come to grips with as i'm also struggling with some crazy emotions and weird physical trials.  so, through much prayer, i'm seeking balance. 

i'm not going to be staying up til midnight every night to try and get things done, my body just won't allow it.  but i will be getting up a little earlier in the morning to seek some quite time with my Lord before the kid-o's arise. 

i will not be doing an overhaul cleaning/organizing this week to correct everything at once.  but i will be implement a better weekly cleaning schedule that i came across here and organizing one closet at a time (3 down, 1 closet & a storage room to go).

i will not be perfect at this.  but i will be trying to cut out distractions (ex. computer time, little errands that could be done all at once), plan my meals better (i'm really bad at this), limit my creative crusades (ex. starting a dress when there is supper to cook) to the proper times, and mixing more scripture and prayer throughout my day.

through the power of the Holy Spirit, things will change in a God honoring way.  i already know that if i try to do it by my power, things fall apart, don't get done, and i'm a wreck. 

again, Psalm 105:4
"Seek the Lord and His strength; Seek His face continually."

No comments:

Post a Comment