Complete in Thee each want supplied,
And no good thing to me denied;
Since Thou my portion, Lord, wilt be,
I ask no more, complete in Thee.

(3rd verse of "Complete In Thee", by Aaron Roberts Wolfe & James Martin Gray)

Thursday, June 24, 2010

starting out

I have started a morning reading time with my two sons. We sit down to eat breakfast and after I finish eating I get out my Bible and we read a chapter from Proverbs (the chapter than matches the day of the month). Isaac is learning to sit and listen and even repeats phrases that catch his interest (a huge joy for me to hear). Christian, well, Christian is still learning to sit in his chair after his food is gone without getting upset. This practice has made a huge impact on my life and I pray and have faith that it will one day impact my boy’s lives as well.

Because of some conviction in my heart stemming from this simple practice, I wanted to start this blog. I know that it will bring a lot of growth to my life, and I hope and pray that it will be an encouragement to you as well. I hope the scripture shared here will convict your heart of things that the Holy Spirit is impressing upon you. I desire to leave many questions for you to answer honestly, bluntly, in the privacy of your own kitchen table, living room sofa, office chair, where ever you find yourself.

I want to be very straight forward for a moment. We as women are a unique creature created by our Wonderful, Loving God. But we are all sinners and have a way of twisting things within our minds to avoid conviction. We can be very creative about our excuses and justify just about whatever we want. I’m calling you out on it! Don’t make excuses for the answers you find yourself coming to. Don’t word it differently so that it doesn’t sound so bad. Sin is sin, and we are called by God to purge ourselves from it. You say you are saved? Prove it!

Matthew 5:48 “Therefore you are to be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect.”

No comments:

Post a Comment