Complete in Thee each want supplied,
And no good thing to me denied;
Since Thou my portion, Lord, wilt be,
I ask no more, complete in Thee.

(3rd verse of "Complete In Thee", by Aaron Roberts Wolfe & James Martin Gray)

Thursday, September 2, 2010

a few Psalms

If you follow this blog, i'm sorry that it has been a while. I have had some trials in my daily life lately, & it's better if i don't even turn the computer on some days. especially since i'm not sure if anyone even reads these posts. oh, well. i'm sorry that you are feeling the effects of my troubles if you do read this, but now i want to share with you some of my joy as of late.

here are some things the Lord has given me from His book of Psalms.

Psalm 28:6-7
"Blessed be the Lord,
Because He has heard the voices of my supplication.
The Lord is my strength and my shield,
My heart trusts in Him, and I am helped;
Therefore my heart exults
And with my song I shall thank Him."

Psalm 30:2
"O Lord my God,
I cried to You for help,
and You healed me."

These 2 have been very literal in my life today.


Psalm 4:7
"You have put gladness in my heart,
More than when their grain and wine abound."

Psalm 5:3
"In the morning, O Lord, You will hear my voice;
In the morning I will order my prayer to You and eagerly watch."


Psalm 6:9
"The Lord has heard my supplication,
The Lord receives my prayer."

I love how simple this verse puts it. and so, I need to take advantage of the simple truth and pray more!


Psalm 13:5-6
"But I have trusted in Your lovingkindness;
My heart shall rejoice in Your salvation,
I will sing to the Lord,
Because He has delt bountifully with me."

How much do I rejoice in how my God has saved me (in eternity and today in the little things)? so much that I want to sing His praises! I made a decision to actively sing my God's praises more, and help my sons learn to do the same.


Psalm 17:2
"Let my judgement come forth from Your presence;
Let Your eyes look with equity."

consider everything as He would consider it. what i wear, where i go, what i spend my money on, how i use my time, things that go into my mouth and things that come out of my mouth. there are so many things that i do that i need to be considering how much "equity" (love that part) God says they have.

Psalm 19:7-9
"The law of the Lord is perfect,
restoring the soul;
The testimony of the Lord is sure,
making wise the simple;
The precepts of the Lord are right,
rejoicing the heart;
The commandment of the Lord is pure,
enlightening the eyes.
The fear of the Lord is clean,
enduring forever;
The judgements of the Lord are true;
They are righteous altogether."

Psalm 20:4-5
"May He grant you your heart's desire
And fulfill all your counsel!
We will sing for joy over your victory,
And in the man of our God we will set up our banners.
May the Lord fulfill all your petitions."

Psalm 26:2
"Examine me, O Lord, and try me;
Test my mind & my heart."

Psalm 27:14
"Wait for the Lord;
Be strong and let your heart take courage;
Yes, wait for the Lord."

He even gives me direct words like this when i'm wondering about when to move ahead with my desires and helps me to have wisdom in my timing.

No comments:

Post a Comment